Dr. Friedrichs has presented over 200 times, locally, nationally, and internationally, on important testing, teaching, and advocacy issues in special and gifted education.
Dr. Friedrichs has served as a keynote presenter at the prestigious American Educational Research Association (AERA) Convention and has coordinated exceptional-child education workshops at many K-12 and college sites.
Here are some topics on which Dr. Friedrichs has presented:
Assessing, Teaching, and School and Elder Advocacy
- Assessing and teaching students with a range of disabilities, including those with learning disabilities, emotional challenges, mental handicaps, and autism spectrum disorders.
- Testing and instructing academically and intellectually gifted youth.
- Assessing and teaching gifted youth with disabilities (twice-exceptional students).
- Intellectually stimulating seniors, including those with dementia
- Assessing current school district and legislative needs for gifted students.
- Advocating at the home, school, state, and federal levels for gifted students.